After several years of development, we finally shipped the latest version of Chrysanth WebStory on 4th Nov 2010. If you just happened to stumble upon this post, WebStory is a desktop blog management software, which may be a good companion to your blog writing task. You may get WebStory for free here: http://download.webstory.my/webstory.zip.
This release incorporates many changes much more than just facelifts. Besides getting a new look on the entire user interface, we literally rewrote the entire application again. Among the highlights of new changes, the change to business model is the most significant! Starting from version 3.3, WebStory will be available for free for most of the features! Every new user will be able to manage at least one blog or microblog with WebStory, plus unlimited web albums.
New changes to the latest 3.3 version include:
- Streamlined flow of all blog management processes
- Support more blog servers and web sites, especially WordPress blogging server
- Support microblog service like Twitter
- Support web albums like Flickr and Picasa
- Extensible plugin support for more additional features
- More themes to feast your eyes
- Blog post preview before publication
- Back up entire blog to local computer
- Multiple blogs synchronization with one click
- WordPress comment back up and management
- Web search using Google or Wikipedia
- and many more to be discovered…
Upon installation of WebStory, you will need to create a Self.my blog account. This is primarily for WebStory user information validation, such as credits available in your account; and to serve as an online discussion platform for stuff related to WebStory. Once this is done, you are good to go with your first database creation. If you come across any problem during your exploration of WebStory, you may want to join our discussion here: http://self.my/groups/webstory-support/
Hope that you will enjoy using WebStory.