Microsoft has recently announced that they were going to shut down Windows Live Spaces blog soon. They have also offered to migrate existing users to WordPress.com blogging platform. If you have not yet decided whether you want to migrate to WordPress.com or set up your own blog server and host you blogs from Windows Live Spaces, you may use WebStory to back up and safekeep all your blog posts on your local computer hard disk first. Later on you may publish all previous blog posts to new blogging service of your choice at any time. Having a local back up of your blog posts will always give you extra edge when unfavourable incidents happen.
To do so, you have to set up your Windows Live Spaces blog account with WebStory. First, follow the steps outlined below to set up your Windows Live Spaces blog Name:
1. Go to Options->Space Settings
2. Access Contact Card Settings->Personalize your web address, and set up your Windows Live Spaces blog Name
3. Determine your Windows Live Spaces blog name
4. Then follow the steps outlined below to set up your Windows Live Spaces account Secret Word, go to Options->E-mail Publishing
5. Turn on E-mail Publishing
6. Choose a secret word
7. Keep the information in a safe place
The Windows Live Spaces name and secret word are used as your user name and password when you set up your Windows Live Spaces account with WebStory. For example, if the URL for a Windows Live Spaces account is http://cswebstory.spaces.live.com, the user name for the blog account is cswebstory. The password is the secret word that is provided during the steps above.